Bill Hecker, AIA
Hecker Design, LLC - Accessibility Consulting
1. ADA Facility Surveys and Plan Reviews
2. Fair Housing Act Surveys and Plan Reviews
3. Litigation Consulting and Expert Witness Services
4. Individual Home Modification Design
5. Workshops on Accessibility Issues
Bill Hecker began his involvement with accessible design while in his 3rd year of architecture school - he was on a team of students that won a design competition for the 1983 International Summer Special Olympics venues at LSU. His interest and involvement with people with disabilities continued during the 1980's with his teaching martial arts to and organizing fund raising efforts for folks with Spina Bifida. In 1990, while on staff at the Birmingham architecture firm of Evan Terry Associates, his professional focus shifted from institutional and commercial project architecture to accessible design. This shift coincided with the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).